In August 1610, Bristol merchant John Guy arrived at Cupers Cove (now Cupids) in Conception Bay, Newfoundland with a small group of colonists. By 1613, the colonists had built at least sixteen structures, including a fort, a sawmill, gristmill and a brew house. Every summer, archeologists working the dig site at Cupids Cove Plantation reveal more and more about the lives of these colonists – Canada’s first English settlers. Come and see what they’ve found today. This site is operated by The Baccalieu Trail Heritage Corporation.