The Department of Folklore, in partnership with MUN Folklore and Language Archive, the Folklore Studies Association of Canada and the St. John’s Storytelling Festival, are celebrating 50 years of folklore education in Newfoundland and Labrador and we want you to celebrate with us. Join us on June 1 at the School of Music for Food, Stories and Songs of This Place: Celebrating 50 Years of Folklore Education in Newfoundland & Labrador (NL).
- RECEPTION, 7pm – 8pm – there will be a standing reception with local food, beverages, music and familiar faces.
- AN EVENING OF STORIES AND SONGS, 8pm – 9:30pm – there will be 4 artists sharing some great stories and songs with a local connection with the host for the evening being Dale Jarvis. The complete line-up includes:
- Sophie Angnatok – stories, throat singing and/or drumming
- Anita Best – ballads, stories, recitations
- Tama Fost – stories, throat singing
- Kelly Russell – fiddle, accordion, stories, recitation
- Dale Jarvis – host for the evening
- Click here to read bios on host and artists (PDF format).
We hope you can join us to reconnect with familiar faces, enjoy some fabulous food, hear some great stories & songs and create new memories.
Please help share the message to all former students, faculty, staff and friends of folklore.
Jun 01, 2019 - 19:00Location
Memorial School of Music
View Event Website