The East Coast Trail Association is pleased to offer FREE guided hikes throughout the hiking season.
Registration is required in advance. Visit calendar.eastcoasttrail.com to learn more!
Questions? Reach out to us at [email protected] or call 709-738-4453
- This is a wilderness trail. Wear hiking boots with ankle support. Sneakers of any type are
unsuited to wet terrain or rock-hopping and offer no ankle support.
- Be sure to carry a sufficient amount of water, fruit juice or other fluids (a suggestion of 300ml/hour per person), and food for snacks and lunch.
- A walking stick/pole/staff helps with balance and reduces the risk of falls and sprains. For safety reasons, it’s always a good idea to carry a whistle. A hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and lip balm with an SPF factor are highly recommended.
- This is a group hike and participants are advised to stay with the designated hike leader and
sweep, and group for safety reasons.
- Can you bring your dog? That’s up to you, if they are not aggressive, considerate of wildlife, and used to the woods then bring them along. All dogs must be leashed. (Don’t forget water and snacks for them also.)
Please note this event is weather-dependent. If the hike leader determines the hike must be cancelled, it will be posted on the East Coast Trail’s Facebook page by 7:00 am on the morning of the hike.
Aug 22, 2021 - 08:45
View Event Website