The BlindSquare Event App is being piloted at the Downtown Pedestrian Mall this summer.
The City of St. John’s, in partnership with CNIB, is hosting a free orientation session for people interested in learning how to use the app.
- Tuesday, July 26th from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- City Hall, 4th Floor, Foran Greene Room
- Register by emailing [email protected] or by calling (709) 576-4450
- Spaces are limited and interested participants are asked to RSVP by Mon. July 25 at 12 noon
During the session, CNIB staff will review
- how the app helps people with vision loss or blindness to safely navigate the Pedestrian Mall
- how to download the app onto an iOS (Apple) device
- how to adjust settings for the best results
- a demonstration of the application at the Pedestrian Mall following the session
Two-Hour free parking is available on a first come, first served basis at the City Hall Parking Garage, first floor. Accessible drop off is available at the main entrance of City Hall, 10 New Gower Street. Additional parking is available at the upper levels of the City Hall Parking Garage with a temporary parking permit which can be requested by visiting Access St. John’s, first floor City Hall.
The City of St. John’s and CNIB strive to create inclusive and accessible programs and services where possible. When registering, please indicate if accommodations are required to participate.
Jul 26, 2022 - 12:30Location
St. John’s City Hall
View Event Website