Free community Event Hosted by Social Justice Co-Op’s Challenge Car Culture Team
Winter is coming quickly and we know it won’t be long until residents are struggling to move around the city due to snowy, slippery sidewalks.
We want to get together for a night of story sharing, catharsis, and camaraderie! Rant, roar, rap, scream, scowl, weep, sing, speak, plead (non-exhaustive) into the mic about your experiences with snow, icy, slippery, or unsafe sidewalks.
You could also show a piece of art (we’ll have an art table if you want to make something in the moment) that relates to snowy slippery sidewalks, or do a show and tell, a dance or some other type of performance.
Let your creativity run free!
Date: Friday November 18
Time: Doors open at 7pm. Mic opens at 7:30pm
Location: 30 Harvey Road, the Benevolent Irish Society
Details: 19+ Cash bar Chili and snacks provided
- Need ASL? Let us know by Nov 14th by emailing lea[at]sjcnl[dot]org
- Venue entrance is wheelchair accessible. Washrooms are wheelchair accessible
- There will be seating. There are plenty of standard plastic chairs and some larger more comfy ones
- We will post gender neutral signs over the gendered washrooms
- To help protect one another we encourage you to wear your mask unless actively eating or drinking
Another accessibility concern? Please get in touch with lea[at]sjcnl[dot]org so we can figure out how to make the space welcoming for you!
Questions? Comments? Want to volunteer? Email lea[at]sjcnl[dot]org
Nov 18, 2022 - 19:00Location
Benevolent Irish Society
View Event Website